Your computer system stores important files and highly sensitive data. This may include financial and banking information, medical or personal information and the other information that we want to protect. Fraudsters or thieves may be able to steal your personal data and information if your data are not well protected. Spyware or malicious viruses could slow down or destroy your important files. If a virus infection occurred, all your personal data could be controlled by a wrong hand and downloaded files, photos or even saved emails could be destroyed forever.
A regular routing virus scan is the best possible way to reduce the chances of
Absence of antivirus software on your computer system is the most common reason for virus infection. However you must be ensure that the antivirus program selected by you must be from trusted manufacturer and well know and is must be updated on regular basis. Please note that if you install an unknown antivirus program, you might actually put your system at high risk by installing a virus instead. TSG Antivirus is one of the trusted antivirus software that can protect your system in best possible way.
How does Virus Scanner work?
Viruses and malware functions in many different way and can be further categorized in almost countless subgroups. But pattern of the malicious programs can be detected despites of their extensive range. These programs shows malicious features in their code, the virus scanner can use these codes to incisively identify these programs. The antivirus software uses signatures to recognize viruses and spyware and other software spread by criminals. Just like an electronic sheriff, these are comparable with detailed profiles that the virus scanner applies to effectively scan files on computer system. Whenever a virus is detected, the scanner immediately blocks the virus to prevent it from causing further damage.
After scanning the computer system, most of the antivirus programs automatically remove or quarantine the threats. Most software repair or restore the infected files and return them to their previous location. If any particular infected files cannot be restored, the software will move them to a location where they unable to cause any further harm to the system. A log report about current viruses also has been created by most of the scans to keep you informed regarding the scan report.
Different types of Virus Scans
Generally almost all antivirus programs have two or three different scanning options. These are usually full system scan, custom system scan and a Quick system scan.
Full System Scan
Full system scan perform a thorough analysis of your entire system. Depending on the antivirus program, full system scan will scan all hard drives, network drives, removal storage, random access memory (RAM), system backups, registry items and startup folders.
This can takes several hours, depending on the amount of the data stored on your system. Generally a full system scan is a detailed, in-depth analysis of entire your computer system. A full system scan should be at least performed once in every month.
The custom scan performs the same in-depth system functionality same as a full system scan, but for selected specific locations to scan. It quickly analyzes individual drives for potential threats. It mainly focuses on the location where operating system and downloaded files are generally stored. A custom scan is a more trusted way to checking external storage devices and other removal media for threats.
A quick scan only analyzes locations mostly suspicious for infected by virus and malware rather than every single file on the computer system. Therefore this scan considerably reduced the scan time. Some quick scan program only scans for files that have been modified since
How often do you run a virus scan?
Effective antivirus software is an important tool for keeping your computer running safely. Regular and timely system scans are
Tips for Running a Virus Scan
- You must backing up your important files on computer system. You must keep in mind that before restoring any files, you should clean your all backup files by running an antivirus scan.
- You can install a free antivirus trial software, if you wish to evaluating antivirus options. A free trail will make you familiar with different tools and level of protections provided by the software.
- Before installing a antivirus program, run a critical scan of major system components. If a problem is encountered, completely remove all the threats before trying to complete the installation of the program.
- If your system has been compromised, immediately turn off the Internet connectivity to prevent any malware already present on your computer from communicating to a remote system that could further harm your computer.
- Manage your antivirus setting wisely. Don’t go merely for a single full scan, set your antivirus for future automatic virus scan. A scheduled routing scan is vital for health of your computer system.
- Regularly review scans reports. Reports provide an overall view of viruses and vulnerability. Follow the instructions provided in the reports for removing quarantined items.